Who doesn’t want to know about the interesting secrets of the creator of Google, the co-founder of the biggest search engine of the world, Larry Page! Larry has had been cherished by many developers and entrepreneurs who wish to be like him one day but there are some amazing facts about his life which are hardly known by even his followers.
Here are 1o interesting secrets of Google Co-Founder Larry Page. Have a look!
1) Larry Page’s childhood was surrounded by the Computer and Science stuff. His home was a mess with computer and science magazines all around. His attraction for computers increased and he began taking interest at the age of six. He used to play with the stuff.
2) When he was in his Elementary School, he did an assignment in which he developed a word processor. He was the first kid in his school to do this.
3) At the age of 12, he discovered that he is interested in inventing things. He was fond of computers, technology and business. At this age, he knew that how to establish a company and all its procedures.
4) During his Graduation in Computer Engineering from University of Michigan, he designed an inkjet printer with LEGO Bricks or line plotter. He did his masters in Computer Science from Stanford University.
This was the time when he started to start the search engine “Google” which is a giant today with his Friend Sergey Brin who was two years senior than him.
5) When he started his Ph.D ,he started to explore the mathematical properties of World Wide Web. Page then focused on the problem of finding out which web pages link to a given page and the backlinks. This was his research project. Its nickname was “BackRub”.
6) At the time he was working on BackRub, Web consisted of 10 million documents with infinite number of links. To crawl those, he build his own crawler.
7) To convert the backlink data gathered by BackRub’s web crawler into a measure of importance for a given web page, Brin and Page developed the PageRank algorithm, and realized that it could be used to build a search engine far superior to existing ones
Awards and Honors
8) He won many awards but the prominent being in 2002, Page was named a World Economic Forum Global Leader for Tomorrow and along with Sergey Brin, was named to the MIT Technology Review TR100, as one of the top 100 innovators in the world under the age of 35.
PC Magazine has praised Google as among the Top 100 Web Sites and Search Engines (1998) and awarded Google the Technical Excellence Award for Innovation in Web Application
9) Before marrying to Lucinda Southworth he dated Marissa Mayer who became Yahoo’s CEO in July 2012.
10) Page announced on his Google+ profile in May 2013 that his right vocal cord is paralyzed from a cold that he contracted the previous summer, while his left cord was paralyzed in 1999.Page explained that he has been suffering from a vocal cord issue for fourteen years and, as of his May 2013 post, doctors were still unable to identify the exact cause of the problem.
In October 2013, Business Insider reported that Page’s paralyzed vocal chords are caused by an autoimmune disease called Hashimoto’s thyroiditis and he would not be doing Google quarterly earnings conference calls for a while.
All for now,