Guccio Gucci is a famous Italian Fashion Brand which is more famous as Gucci. It has driven many people crazy by its classy fashion and stylish range of leather goods. Gucci is another name for extravaganza!
Gucci has become one of the most popular brand in 2013. The reason behind its success and all the people behind this awesome brand are amazing. Gucci offers great goods and craftsmanship worldwide. It has become famous for its stores around the globe. Let’s check out what Guccio Gucci has in store for you!
Guccio Gucci, more commonly known as Gucci, is an Italian fashion brand which deals in classy craftsmanship and leather goods. It was founded by Guccio Gucci in 1921 and is now owned by a French company ‘Kering’.
Guccio Gucci is an Italian businessman, a son of Italian merchant and a fashion designer who founded The House of Gucci. He is best known for his craftsmanship and leather goods!
Gucci is an epitome of a saying:
The difference between style and fashion is quality.
What made Guccio Gucci?
Before being the owner of Gucci, Guccio Gucci worked as a dishwasher, a waiter, a bellhop, a concierge and an elevator attendant. His job as an elevator attendant became his true inspiration for Gucci. He used to meet great personalities such as Winston Churchill, Merlin Moore and etc. frequently so he started making good relations with them and that paid him off!
He used to check out their lavish luggage bags and get inspired by them. Since then, he started saving money to have his own business. When he turned 40, he became unfit for his elevator job so he moved back to Italy. Back in Italy, he launched his luxury luggage bags and start attracting people. He became very famous among all the riches.
These days, he is very famous for his worldwide stores with new collections each day.
10 Fun Facts about Gucci & the Company
1. Guccio Gucci was born in 1881, in Florence, Italy.
2. In 1921, Gucci founded the House of Gucci after hiring some skilled craftsmen in Florence. He specialized in leather goods and rapidly built a decent reputation.
3. During the 1930s, Gucci started designing hardware for his leather goods which will resemble the horse bits since unfortunately; they turn out to be his favorites.
4. Gucci made a loafer shoe in 1932 with a gilded snaffle. Till today, these shoes are the only ones of its kind in New York’s Museum of Modern Art
5. Gucci launched an iconic bag which was the first one from Gucci. It was called the ‘Bamboo Bag’ that looked like a saddle bag featuring bamboo handles
6. Guccio and his wife Aida Calvelli had six children; 3 girls and 4 boys.
7. After Gucci’s death in 1953, his brothers took over the company and helped it promote internationally.
8. Gucci faced a downfall when it started losing its individuality. To restore the company’s image, Gucci hired Tom Ford as Artistic Designer.
9. Nowadays, Gucci is run by Patrizio di Marco, president and CEO of Gucci, Frida Giannini, the main designer for Gucci, and Robert Polet, who is president and CEO of the Gucci Group.
10. Gucci was never found of luxuries and famous brands until before he ended up waking one.
NAME: Guccio Gucci
OCCUPATION: Entrepreneur, Fashion Designer
BIRTH DATE: 1881
DEATH DATE: 1953
PLACE OF BIRTH: Florence, Italy
This is all from Guccio Gucci, hope you found something new! Stay Blessed!