Music is defined as an art of combining vocal and instrumental sounds to produce beauty of form, harmony and expression of emotion. Music was usually taken as a hobby but became a profession and a form of livelihood for some in the medieval ages. Since then it is considered as a proper profession and musicians can now be easily found. We all listen to music in our daily life. However one often wonder how much can one earn from music and who are the richest people (musicians) of our age. Here is a list of the top 10 richest musicians in 2013, which are rated with respect to their annual income.
10. Justin Timberlake
- Yearly Income: $24 million
- Music Genre: Pop, R&B
- Albums Sold: 80 million
- Famous Albums: Justified, Future Sex/Love sounds.
- Famous Movies: Bad Teacher, Social Network, In Time, Friends with Benefits
Justin Randall Timberlake is an American singer, actor, song-writer and business man. He started his career in child hood in TV shows like “Star Search” and “The Mickey Mouse Club”. He is also known as JT- Tennen.
9. Sean (Diddy) Combs
- Yearly Income: $29 million
- Music Genre: Hip-Hop, R&B, Rapper
- Albums Sold: 62 million
- Famous Albums: No way out, Forever, The saga Continues
Sean John Combs is American rapper and actor and is commonly known by his stage name P. Diddy. He has certified platinum 7 times and has named 3 Grammy and 2 MTV Video Music awards to himself.
8. 50 Cent
- Yearly Income: $35 million
- Music Genre: Rapper
- Albums Sold: 40 million
- Famous Albums: Guess who’s back, Get rich or Die Trying
Curtis James Jackson III is an American rapper who is commonly known by his stage name “50 Cent”. He started his life as a Drug Dealer at the age of twelve in 1980’s. He left the drug dealing career in 2000 after he was shot with 9 bullets and started perusing his career as a rapper. He was found by the famous English rapper Eminem who helped him sign to Interscope Records. And son he became highest selling rapper of his time.
7. Tim McGraw
- Yearly Income: $39 million
- Music Genre: Country
- Albums Sold: 180 million
- Famous Albums: Not a moment too soon, Live Like You Were Dying
Tim McGraw is an American settled singer, songwriter and actor. He is considered the eighth best-selling artist worldwide. He has won 52 awards from which 3 are Grammy awards, 14 Academy of country music awards, 11 CMA awards and 3 people choice awards. Taylor swift debut song “Tim McGraw” refers to him and his famous song “Cant’ Tell me Nothing”.
6. Celine Dion
- Yearly Income: $48 million
- Music Genre: Rock, R&B, classical
- Albums Sold: 200 million
- Famous Albums: De’ux, Unison, The Color of my Life
Celine Marie Claudette Dion is a Canadian singer. She emerged out to be a teen star in French-speaking. She started her career in 1990 when her manager (future husband) mortgaged his house for her first album “Unison”.
5. Elton John
- Yearly Income: $57 million
- Music Genre: Rock
- Albums Sold: 250 million
- Famous Albums: Candle in the wind, Goodbye Yellow Brick Road
Sir Elton Hercules John is an English Singer, composer, and an occasional actor. He won the no. 1 US album award 7 times in a row. He has been in the music industry for last 50 years. He is considered a royal musician and thus has performed on royal event like funeral of Princess Diana. He is also involved in fight against AIDS and has formed his organization “Elton John AIDS Foundation”. He received knighthood by Queen Elizabeth II in 1998 for his services to “music and charity”.
4. Bon Jovi
- Yearly Income: $69 million
- Music Genre: Rock
- Albums Sold: 130 million
- Famous Albums: Slippery When Wet , New Jersey
Bon Jovi is an American band names after its lead vocalist Jon Bon Jovi (John Francis Bongiovi, Jr.) . It also consists of Richie Sambora the Guitarist, David Bryan as Keyboardist, and Tico Torres as the Drummer. They have a list of 35 million fans worldwide.
- Yearly Income: $76 million
- Music Genre: Pop, Dance
- Albums Sold: 300 million
- Famous Albums: Ray of Light, Confession on a Dance Floor
Madonna is an American actress, singer, author, director, etc. She started her career in 1977 as a dancer and later moved to towards singing and acting.
2. Rolling Stones
- Yearly Income: $88 million
- Music Genre: Blues , Rock
- Albums Sold: 400 million
- Famous Albums: Sticky Fingers, Let it breathe, Beggars Banquet
Rolling Stone is an English Band formed in 1962. They started their career showing enthusiasm in rhythm and blues . The famous member of the band are “Brian Jones”, Ian Stewart, Mick Jagger and Keith Richards.
- Yearly Income: $92 million
- Music Genre: Hip-Hop
- Albums Sold : 50 million
- Famous Albums: Reasonable Doubt (1996), The Blueprint (2001)
Shawn Knowles Carter, commonly known as Jay-Z, is an American singer, rapper and entrepreneur. He is the most famous and successful hip-hop musician of today.
So, who are your favourite musicians? Did they make it to this list? What more would you like to know about your favourite celebrities? Please let us know in the comments section below! Cheers 🙂